6.19.2008

the many moods of larrydigital, pt. 9

To download podcast: Click here.

Have I mentioned how lazy I am?

I've always been a little on the slack side but man, lately, I've had like zero energy. Now of course, my darling baby boy requires a lot of attention (just like his father!) so a big chunk of time is devoted to him but in the downtime, like when he's asleep, I've been doing absolutely nothing. It's not so much that I need a break because I'm burned out or anything like that, I just feel.... blah.

Usually I'd use that time to work on my podcast or some other pointless distraction but for the past week or so when it time to get to work, the last thing in the world I want to do was sort through Donny Hathaway records. I know, blasphemy, right? It's like, all I want to do is watch Law & Order reruns or whatever.

Anyway, this latest episode was a little slow going but I think it turned out ok. I've been trying to work some of these acts into previous episodes but it didn't quite come together, especially TV on the Radio and Sufjan Stevens. But I think it works this time.

As I've mentioned ad naseum, comments are always welcome. Feel free to let me know what you think by posting here or dropping me a line at larrydigital@gmail.com. Or, if you're feeling really bold, leave me a review at my iTunes page.

Episode 9: The Cool Before The Warm Tracklist

1. larry's intro
2. "Brother's Gonna Work It Out" by Willie Hutch
3. "Groove Me" by King Floyd
4. larry's interlude #1
5. "The Rain" by Oran "Juice" Jones
6. "Cinderfella Dana Dane" by Dana Dane
7. larry's interlude #2
8. "If This Ain't Love" by Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators
9. "Valerie" by Mark Ronson & Amy Winehouse
10. "This Time (I'm Gonna Try It My Way)" by DJ Shadow
11. larry's interlude #3
12. "Come On! Feel the Illinoise!" by Sufjan Stevens
13. "Silent Sigh" by Badly Drawn Boy
14. "My Ever Changing Moods" by The Style Council
15. larry's interlude #4
16. "Highway 61 Revisted" by Karen O & The Million Dollar Bashers
17. "There's Only One Thing Left To Say" by Velocity Girl
18. larry's interlude #5/outro
19. "Wolf Like Me" by TV On The Radio

This month's theme song is "7 Wonders of the World" by Prince Buster.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

where are the pics of the boy! screw your podcast, lol