1.02.2008

the many moods of larrydigital, pt. 3

To download podcast: Click here.

All right, ladies and germs, it's time to ring in the new year with a brand new podcast. "Episode 3: Your Ace From Outer Space" is now available for download.

The other day I was checking out my iTunes page for fresh feedback (something I do like, 6 times a day) and noticed that there was a brand new review from a user signed in as "Urb Magazine." I thought that this was pretty awesome because I used to be a big Urb reader back in the day. And in an amazing coincidence, I actually bought a new copy of Urb Magazine for the first time in almost 4 years that very morning. I was intrigued by the cover featuring Justice and Wale. Incidentally, both Wale (American-born rapper of Nigerian decent, pronounced "waah-lay") and Justice (French DJ's….. um, "joos-teece"?) will be appearing in future podcasts.

Anyway, back to Apple user ID "Urb Magazine," I realize that it's not necessarily someone from the aforementioned magazine. I mean, I don't need to be the 40th President of the United States to sign in as "Ronald Reagan," ya dig? Still, it was pretty cool. I have to admit that while the review was a positive one, I did take slight offense (very, very slight) to the implication that I took the name of my podcast from another (apparently) better known show.

I'm sure that The Many Moods of Playa Phi Playa is an interesting and entertaining show but I actually stole the name of my show from a 1950s exotica album that my grandfather used to have called The Many Moods of Arthur Lyman. I thought the title worked on a couple of levels. One, it fit the eclectic nature of podcast and two, as people who know me can attest to, I'm moody as fuck. Eh, it's my own fault really. I did zero research before posting my podcast. For all I knew, there was a whole different larrydigital out there somewhere. (Edit: And apparently, there is. The larrydigital on YouTube? Definitely not me.)

Look, I know how all that sounded, but I'm not complaining about the review I got, as I've mentioned many, many times before, I'm grateful for all feedback, positive and negative. And as I mentioned, the review was positive. So.... thanks!

One last thing, since I was asked, the title of this month's podcast is taken from an old U-Roy song that almost made the cut. I suppose that I probably should've changed the title but screw it, "Ace From Outer Space" sounds cool.

Alright enough of my nonsense. Enjoy the latest episode of the many moods of larrydigital.

Episode 3: Your Ace From Outer Space Tracklist

1. larry's intro
2. "Robert Montgomery" by Love
3. "Disillusion" by Badly Drawn Boy
4. "Wishing On A Star" by Paul Weller
5. larry's interlude #2
6. "Inspiration Information" by Shuggie Otis
7. "Here's What's Left" by RJD2
8. "Callin' Out" by Lyrics Born
9. "13,000 Times Bigger Than The Earth" by The Evil Tambourines
10. larry's interlude #3
11. "Fly, Robin, Fly" by Silver Convention
12. "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" by Indeep
13. "Get Together (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)" by Madonna
14. larry's interlude #4
15. "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above" by CSS
16. "Twisted" by Fanny Pack
17. larry's interlude #5/outro
18. "Ridin' High" by 8-Ball & MJG

No comments: