12.21.2008

the many moods of larrydigital, pt. 12

To download podcast from the iTunes Store: Click here.

Well, whaddya know! Another lousy Christmas has snuck up on us so it's time for another lousy podcast. It's kinda nice to have a second Christmas episode. It means that I've been able to sustain.... whatever it is I'm doing here for a whole year. Actually, a little longer than a year, since the first podcast debuted in November 2007. I have to admit that I surprised myself, I expected to lose interest in this a long time ago. But lo, here I am. I still enjoy it, much more so these days since I think I've figured out some stuff production-wise.

I just hope that people enjoy listening to it. Although, it's hard to tell if people are enjoying the podcast due to the complete lack of recent reviews on my iTunes page! *hint*

A quick note about this episode, I've decided to replay a song from last year's podcast. The last track, Ella Fitzgerald's "Santa Claus Got Stuck in My Chimney," for reasons that are explained in the episode. I hate to be mysterious but I have to entice listeners some how. And the podcast itself sure isn't gonna do it!

Episode 12: Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin'

1. larry's intro
2. "We Wanna See Santa Do The Mambo" by Big John Greer
3. "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus" by Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
4. "Five Pound Box of Money" by Pearl Bailey
5. larry's interlude #1
6. "Christmas Night In Harlem" by Louis Armstrong
7. "Poncho Claus" by El Vez
8. larry's interlude #2
9. "Shake Hands With Santa Claus" by Louis Prima
10. "Blue Xmas (To Whom It May Concern)" by Miles Davis
11. larry's interlude #3
12. "I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus" by RuPaul
13. "Christmas Kisses" by Ray Anthony & The Bookends
14. "Christmas Dinner" by Tennessee Ernie Ford
15. "larry's interlude #4
16. "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" by Jacob Miller & Ray I
17. "A Party for Santa Claus" by Lord Nelson
18. "Santa Claus Is Ska-ing To Town" by The Granville Williams Orchestra
19. larry's interlude #5
20. "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Oh No Remix)" by Jimmy Smith
21. "Getting Down for X-Mas" by Milly & Silly
22. larry's interlude #6
23. "Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin'" by Albert King
24. "Soulful Christmas" by James Brown
25. larry's interlude #7
26. "Santa's Rap Party" by Super-Jay
27. "What I Want for Christmas" by The Quad City DJ's, The 69 Boyz & K-Nock
28. larry's interlude #8/Outro
29. "Santa Claus Got Stuck In My Chimney" by Ella Fitzgerald

This month's theme song is "Holiday On Skis" by Al Caiola & Riz Ortolani.

No comments: