2.02.2008

the many moods of larrydigital, pt. 4

To download podcast: Click here.

It has always been my intention to publish podcasts monthly. So far I've been sticking to that fairly lofty goal. I say lofty because I'm a big ass procrastinator. I have a tendency to get sidetracked with ridiculous stuff which really kills my creative process, such as it is. For example, I work in pieces so pieces of podcast five through nine are already completed. This most recent podcast was finished about 12 days ago but for some reason, I couldn't find a title that I felt comfortable with. The most meaningless part of the podcast (assuming that the entire podcast itself has a meaning) and I get held up by it. Dumb, right? But that's how it is with me sometimes.

Anyway, like I was saying, I've always meant to publish these monthly because I'm trying like hell to stick to my self-imposed deadlines for new stuff. It's working me. But I was thinking, what happens if I finish a podcast early? As I mentioned, this one was done 12 days ago. Supposing for a second that I had a title, should I have just sat on it until the first week of the month? Probably not. My long-winded point is this, I might start churning these things out more frequently. I'll always have at least one a month, and usually during the first week of the month, but don't be too surprised if once in a while, you get an extra one. That'll be a special treat for the 4 people (including me) who actually listen to my podcast.

I've been asked by a few people about the groovy bongo background music that I played in Episode 3: Your Ace From Outer Space. It's the instrumental version of a song called "Mad Monster Party Theme" by Maury Laws and it's from the soundtrack of a 1968 Rankin & Bass animated special called, you guessed it, Mad Monster Party. Rankin & Bass is the company that's responsible for that stop-motion Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer special that gets aired every Christmas, the one with an animated Burl Ives as Sam the Snowman. The soundtrack for Mad Monster Party is available on Amazon.com if you're really that interested in the song. The soundtrack has two versions of the song, the instrumental version that I played and another version featuring vocals by Ethel Ennis.

You know, I was toying with the idea of having a theme for this podcast, despite my whole "no themes" philosophy. I figure, I broke the no themes thing with the second episode, why not do it again with the fourth? Maybe love songs since Valentine's Day is right around the corner (or more correctly, an anti-love song theme) or maybe a podcast full of my favorite karaoke songs but ultimately decided against it. I do like the idea though so maybe I'll do it the line. You've been warned! By the way, I also do a tremendous version of "Baby Got Back." It's truly inspiring.

Real quick, I'd like to take a moment to beg for your support. if you've downloaded the podcast and enjoy it (or even if you didn't enjoy it) please take a moment and drop me a feedback on my iTunes page. My podcast may not be the greatest one in existence but I'm fairly pleased with it. And because of that, I'd like to reach as many people as possible. I figure that a few feedback messages, positive or negative, will at least show that some people are listening and may inspire someone to take a chance on my little podcast that could. Thanks in advance for your support.

Ok, that's it. Enough of my prattling. Enjoy Episode 4 of the many moods of larrydigital, It's A Brand New Day.

Episode 4: It's A Brand New Day Tracklist

1. larry's intro
2. "This Woman" by Desmond Dekker & The Aces
3. "Lovers Rock" by Freddie McGregor
4. "Clean Up Woman" by Betty Wright
5. larry's interlude #1
6. "Blind Man Can See It" by James Brown
7. "Jungle Fever" by The Chakachas
8. larry's interlude #2
9. "Shoot the Pump" by J. Walter Negro & The Loose Jointz
10. "Don't Worry About It" by N.E.R.D.
11. "Helicopter (Weird Science Remix)" by Bloc Party
12. larry's interlude #3
13. "The Salmon Dance" by The Chemical Brothers
14. "Here" by Luscious Jackson
15. larry's interlude #4
16. "Love Sweet Sound" by Groove Armada
17. "Pretty Girls Don't Dance" by Felix Da Housecat
18. larry's interlude #5/outro
19. "It's the Beat" by Simian Mobile Disco

PS. This month's theme song is "Silver Dollar" by The Skatalites.

No comments: