To download podcast: Click here.
As I mentioned in my last podcast post, while I try to produce my episodes monthly, I may start cranking them out more frequently if I had the time. Well, this month I had the time.
I figured out a few technical problems this time around (remember, I'm still learning this whole podcast thing) so I think the overall sound quality is a little better. The main complaint about my podcasts, besides gripes about my lame anecdotes, has been that my vocals have generally been low. But like I said, I think I've worked that out.
Quick story about this episode, I didn't notice until I completed my final mix that one of the songs in this podcast indirectly mentions another song later in the same podcast. Maybe. In "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised," Gil Scott-Heron says "The theme song will not be written by Jim Webb, Francis Scott Key, nor sung by Glen Campbell..." Well, it turns out that Isaac Hayes' "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" originally was written by Jim Webb and it was sung by Glen Campbell. There's a 50/50 chance that Gil was referring to "Wichita Lineman" which Jim Webb wrote specifically for Glen Campbell after being impressed by Glenn's version of "Phoenix." But I'm going to say that Gil's referring to "Phoenix" because it makes a better story. Ok!
Comments regarding this podcast are always welcome so feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can post a message at my iTunes page. Either form of feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Episode 5: Bring It On Down To Soulsville Tracklist
1. larry's intro
2. "So Very Hard To Go" by Tower of Power
3. "Walk Away From Love" by David Ruffin
4. larry's interlude #1
5. "Theme From Cleopatra Jones" by J.J. Johnson
6. "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" by Gil Scott-Heron
7. larry's interlude #2
8. "Do You Feel It?" by The Joe Cuba Sextet
9. "Eso Se Baila Así" by Willie Colon
10. "Unaddressed Letter" by Dave "Baby" Cortez
11. larry's interlude #3
12. "La La at the End" by Norman Brown & The Chosen Few
13. "It Ain't Me, Babe" by Bob & Marcia
14. larry's interlude #4
15. "Is It True?" by Brenda Lee
16. "Ambush" by Maria Dallas
17. "Laisse Tomber Les Filles" by France Gall
18. larry's interlude #5/outro
19. "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" by Isaac Hayes
This episode's theme song is "Jesusita en Chihuahua" by Mariachi México de Pepe Villa.