2.24.2009

the many moods of larrydigital, pt. 13

To download podcast from the iTunes Store: Click here.

Okay, party people here's a brand new podcast for all of you not to listen to you.

I think I mentioned this before but a lot of these podcasts are done months in advance. Like, while I may not have written my dialogue or recorded my vocals for each one yet, the actual playlists are completely long before. But, I decided to be all new for 2009. Meaning that I threw out the playlists that I had and started from scratch. As a result, this one took a little longer than usual (!) but I think it came together nicely.

Good news for me, I think I solved a distortion problem that I'd been having. If you go back and listen to older podcast, Episode 7: Don't Fight the Feeling, for example, you'll notice that there's a strange distortion on each track. Well, I finally figure out that the reason for that was I overcompressing (new word!) the files. I wanted to make the small and manageable which had a direct result on the quality of the music. So I decided to up the quality of the track which makes for a much larger file size. Eh, it's worth it, I think.

There's a little more hip-hop in this one than usual but that's ok. I'm a big fan of the Tribe Called Quest remix. I recently bought a new external hard drive exclusively for music files and I've been reorganizing my music. The added bonus to this, besides the central location for my music, is that I'm re-discovering music that I had forgotten about it. Which is sort of ironic considering my woeful recounting in the podcast of how I rarely find new music these days. You'll have to listen to it to find out what I mean.

Enjoy!

And if you do, please be so kind to add a review to my iTunes page.

Episode 13: Wrapped In Plastic Tracklist

1. larry's intro
2. "You Can Come Right Back To Me" by David Ruffin (2004)
3. "Think (About It)" by Lyn Collins (1972)
4. "Skinny Legs and All" by Joe Tex (1968)
5. larry's interlude #1
6. "Whole Lotta Love" by Tina Turner (1975)
7. "I'm a Good Woman" by The Generation (1969)
8. "1969" by The Stooges (1969)
9. larry's interlude #2
10. "Heartbeats (Rocket Boy Remix)" by José González (2005)
11. "Rock Creek Park" by The Blackbyrds (1975)
12. "Ka$h" by James Pants (2008)
13. larry's interlude #3
14. "Sumthin' About Her" by Plantlife (2008)
15. "Go Ahead in the Rain (Pimp Juice's Players' Paradise)" by A Tribe Called Quest (1999)
16. "In Search of the Youth Crew" by Cadence Weapon (2008)
17. larry's interlude #4/outro
18. "Universal Mind Control (UMC)" by Common (2008)

This month's theme song is "Praça Da Republica" by Jackson Conti.

1 comment:

nevprem3 said...

Larry, I finally got around to downloading your podcast, and boy am I glad that I did! As you can see I am currently enjoying "Wrapped in Plastic." I am only about half way through the podcast, however, I am so impressed that I went ahead and downloaded all of the preceding 12 episodes. I will sync up my ipod in the morning before I head into work so that I will have something good to listen to while I labor away in the dungeon (Sub Basement Records Rm). I really enjoy your biographical & historical anecdotes. Evidently my musical knowledge isn't quite what I thought and I appreciate your comments & interludes. Someday you will have to tell me how you researched all the information that you have compiled on the various artists that you feature. Next up on my "must purchase" list is a better quality of headphones, and possibly a headphone amp, to better enjoy the sonic qualities of your selections. Thus far, all I can say is I am thoroughly enjoying the podcast. I will try and give you a more detailed review when I have a chance to listen to all of your episodes. Keep up the great work!