12.21.2007

I Am Very Old

A few years back I realized that I'm a very old man. Not in the conventional sense I guess because I'm only 34, which is still pretty young. (Unless you're my cousin Angie, in which case I may as well be Methuselah.) I feel that I'm older than I really am because I find that these days I have little patience for minor things that didn't bother me before.

Lately, one of the things that irritate me the most is teenagers. Believe it or not, I was once a teenager myself but I don't remember acting like a colossal ass when my friends went out between the ages of 12 and 20. And yes, I know I sound like a cranky old man but it's true.

Which is why I'm glad that the new Arclight Sherman Oaks finally opened. The Arclight Hollywood has been open for a while but this one's only 5 minutes from my living room. Sure I'm paying $13 to see a movie, but now I can finally watch something without half a dozen annoying teenage boys ("boyz!") in their little sisters' skin tight pants throwing popcorn at each other. I stepped out to watch Sweeney Todd recently (which was kind of awesome in my opinion.... There's a hole in the world like a great, black pit....) and my movie experience rocked. I showed up 3 minutes before the movie started, went straight to my reserved seat and watched the movie in peace. Also, there weren't any commercials before or after the trailers. No lame ads for Fanta or the Scion TC or anything else that I'll never buy. Looks like the Arclight Sherman Oaks will be my new place to see movies. A little more costly sure but hey, I'm paying for the convenience of not listening to kids ("kidz!") in dingy laceless Vans and ridiculous Famous Stars & Straps tees act like morons 3 feet from me.

Hey, dig it.... a full post advertisement for a major corporation.... it looks like Jim Chadwick is right. I AM selling out to The Man™!

No comments: